Wondem Foundation has set itself the goal of tackling these problems, project-based and structured. Since 2010, Wondem Foundation has carried out 11 projects in and around Mezezo and Kobastil:
1. construction of a school library for high school students with large study rooms (completed September 2012)
2. taking care of water supply at the school (completed February 2013)
3. facilities to keep girls longer at school and girls clubs in school year 2012-2013
4. construction of two labs for physics and chemistry (completed February 2013)
5. construction of a health center with maternity clinic (completed October 2014)
6. empowerment projects, sheep and chickens for 50 single mothers to generate their own income so that they can let their children go to school
7. providing sheep to carers of children to generate their own income so that they can let the children go to school
8. construction of two public toilet blocks with shower rooms (completed in 2016)
9. construction of a school library for the primary school with large study rooms (completed in April 2017)
10. construction of a school library for the primary school with large study rooms (completed in April 2017)
11. taking care of water supply at the primary school (completed in April 2017)
Projects for 2018 and 2019
In the coming years, the above projects will be continued and secured by the municipalities of Mezezo and Kobastil, supported by a steering group, the advisors of Wondem Foundation.
In addition to the safeguarding of existing projects, 3 new projects will also be started:
1. sustainable revision of the water sources in Kobastil. The total costs of permanently overhauling 7 water sources and providing structural provisions for long-term, trouble-free, contamination-free and guaranteed supply of water are estimated at € 33,500.
2. construction of a model school garden with own vegetables and construction of a school cafeteria at the primary school of Kobastil. The initiatives that Wondem Foundation will develop at the primary school in Kobastil in 2018 and 2019 are:
a. The first initiative is the construction of the model school garden with 40 beds. On each plot, crops will be grown with different cultivation methods.
b. The second initiative is to build and organize a school cafeteria in which the crop yields are processed daily into meals for the pupils, especially the poor pupils.
The total costs of all projects are estimated at € 41,000.
3. educational projects for girls and vulnerable pupils in Mezezo and Kobastil. In 2018 and 2019 we will continue on the chosen path. We continue with empowerment. But we are also going to pick up three things:
a. further provision of sanitary towels in Mezezo and Kobastil
b. extra lessons to school children with disabilities and poor school children in Mezezo and Kobastil
c. books and computers for the schools in Mezezo and Kobastil
The total costs of the three projects are estimated at € 30,000.
The projects that Wondem Foundation has done so far, can be divided into: